News

News2018-07-30T16:02:35+00:00

CITY COUNCIL

LOCAL NEWS 4/22 CITY COUNCIL THE FAIRMONT CITY COUNCIL MEETS MONDAY AT 5:30 PM . MAYOR DEB FOSTER STARTS THE MEETING WITH A PROCLAMATION OF FRIDAY, APRIL 26TH AS ARBOR DAY IN FAIRMONT. FOUR PUBLIC HEARINGS WILL BE HELD AND SEVERAL PERMITS AND/OR LICENSES FOR SUMMER EVENTS WILL [...]

April 19th, 2019|

MULTI-VEHICLE CRASH

FAIRMONT POLICE OFFICERS, LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT AND AMBULANCE CREWS WERE DISPATCHED TO A REPORT OF A THREE VEHICLE CRASH AT THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 39 AND LAKE AVENUE JUST BEFORE 3:30 PM THURSDAY. OFFICERS LOCATED TWO PEOPLE WHO WERE INJURED. A 26 YEAR-OLD MALE PARTY WAS TRANSPORTED [...]

April 19th, 2019|

COMMISSIONERS- RESOURCE OFFICER

The Martin County Board Tuesday approved a motion for a sheriff’s deputy to be assigned as the school resource officer at Granada-Huntley-East Chain. The school district will be responsible for 66 percent of the cost of the position, with the county responsible for the other 34 percent. Martin [...]

April 17th, 2019|

FAIRMONT PARK BOARD

Fairmont’s Park and Street Department crews have started preparing the city’s numerous recreational areas for warmer weather. Nick Lardy, park and street superintendent, told the Fairmont Park Board on Tuesday that all but three of the city’s many docks have been put in. Bases are going in at [...]

April 17th, 2019|

COUNCIL-CITY ATTORNEY

The Fairmont City Council held a work session Monday night. A. major point of contention was the action of two council members — Randy Lubenow and Tom Hawkins — who met recently with Elizabeth “Libby” Bloomquist, who has served as City Attorney for 30 years, to inform her [...]

April 16th, 2019|

RICKER- FAIRMONT SCHOOLS TOUR

State Education Commissioner Mary Cathryn Ricker visited Fairmont Elementary and Fairmont High School on Monday, kicking off a statewide listening tour to promote Gov. Tim Walz’s proposed education budget. Fairmont is one of just eight schools throughout the state the commissioner is visiting this week.... Ricker first toured [...]

April 16th, 2019|

Recent Tweets